“As a rule, we do not settle for anything short of excellence in what we do, and that is at the very heart of every business decision we make. With a brilliant team and superb local and international connections, we are able to skillfully help our partners consistently navigate various key business decisions accomplishing what we set out to achieve as a team.”
Mohamed Latheef is an expert in the field of public finance and has led several major national development projects for the government sector. He has more than 18 years of finance, planning and management consulting experience, working with senior officials in both private and public sectors to address their most pressing strategic issues.
Prior to co-founding 960 Consultancy, he worked as an independent business consultant at United International Hotels Group Inc. from June 2015 – December 2017 focusing stakeholder relationship and new business representation services.
He served as Deputy Minister of Finance and Treasury from November 2012 to November 2013. In this role, his key focus was overseeing formulation and implementation of both fiscal and debt policies and compiling the national budget.
While at Thilafushi Corporation Limited from 2009 – 2012, his key areas of responsibilities included fulfilling the roles of Manager, Corporate Affairs & Legal and as Managing Director in 2012.
Earlier in his career, Mohamed Latheef was a Finance Specialist at UNICEF from December 2004 till January 2007. During his time at UNICEF and the Ministry of Planning and National development of Maldives, he led various projects, with his area of specialty being disaster management and rural development.
His major accomplishments include:
- Heading the Thilafushi land reclamation project, overseeing the implantation of the transaction to establish an international port in Thilafushi
- Representing the government via playing key roles in Gulheefalhu land reclamation project from the government side
- Overseeing financial allotment by UNICEF towards Tsunami aid projects
Areas of expertise:
- New business development
- Legal and compliance in public sector
- Major national development projects
- Public sector advisory
- Finance and planning
Education and Training:
- MSc in International Management, University of Liverpool (ongoing)
- Development Planning, Project Monitoring, Management and Evaluation, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand (2003)
- Diploma in Economics, University of London (2001)